Monday 29 January 2007

Character Goal

Andrea Lee
Writing C
To Build Up My Character

Character is extremely important to our life. Many people had stated character is more important than reputation: “Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing” (Lincoln). As Abraham Lincoln had said, character makes who you are not your fame and reputation. Fame and reputation you have earned just shows your outer shell but it doesn’t truly show your inner shell. To develop my character I decided to be more organized person. I live in the dorm which puts me in the situation where I have to do everything by myself. Like cleaning my room, organizing my desk, organizing my closet, and even buying daily necessaries is my job to do. Caring my grade, sports, and dorm life at the same time isn’t very simple. Therefore, my room is always messy and my roommate yells at me for not cleaning my room. Moreover, I take forever to find what I need through whole bunch of junks and waste time. To prevent this from happening, I should be more organized person. To do that, I will have to spend time cleaning my closet, swiping the floor, and organizing my desk. Whenever basketball practices starts late, I will go to my room and clean. I will throw away any junks that I will not need, and I will take my clothes home that I might not wear. That will give more space, and I can actually fold my clothes and put it in the closet instead of just throwing them on top of bundle of clothes. I should be more determined on throwing away useless items. Don’t think “I might need this so I shouldn’t throw away”. That is wasting space. Instead of just sitting there and doing nothing, I will actually clean my room. That will save my time and I will concentrate better in a cleaner area.

Lincoln , Abraham . "The Columbia World of Quotations." Bartleby.com. 2005. 24 Jan 2007 .

No comments: