Monday 29 January 2007

My Learning Resolution

Andrea Lee
Writing C
My Learning Resolutions


Standard 1:
I will learn how to edit and publish better. I will use D.O.L as a reference, try to fix mistakes other than just putting a period and capitalizing, and I will pay more attention to why is it wrong. I will also edit more papers for other people and edit like it’s my paper. Make notes of what I got wrong during D.O.L and why I got it wrong. Using information I learned from D.O.L, I will write better paper.

Standard 2:
I will learn how to use precise and descriptive language that clarifies and enhances ideas and supports different purposes. I will read 80 pages a week, proofread every writings and fix grammatical errors. Whenever I don’t know the word while reading, I will make a list of the words and look them up. Also, if I see interesting word, I will make word tree using the vocabulary.

Standard 3:
I will learn the proper way of using confused terms in written compositions. Look up some confusing terms and make a list of the terms. Find some examples related to terms and try to use them correctly in the sentence. See Ms. Johnson for help if I need any.

Standard 4:
I will learn how to scans a passage to determine whether it contains relevant information. Concentrate on the passage I am scanning. Go to internet and look up some quick reading tips and try to apply that. Read more to accelerate my reading speed. Make notes about main ideas in the margin on the side. After, read it carefully to check if the notes contain correct information.

Standard 5:
I will learn how to organize better. Read other people’s writing and read books for ideas and information. Always proofread when done writing. Try to read more of nonfiction like newspaper, and magazine to learn how to organize in different ways.
I will work more on conventions. Read more books to be familiar with correct use of grammar. Use D.O.L as a reference. Get a grammar book and go through them. Try to do 1 lesson every week.

No comments: